Changes leading up to Episode 24
Cities and Rulership
- Adjustment: Changes have been made to specific buildings to update their effects to the current rules version. Some buildings (especially food related ones) have had their Staffing requirements lessened.
- Adjustment: Guildhall room: “Tavern Hall” removed, as it pertained to a no longer existing game effect.
- Clarified: Labor from a character (even their Perks) must always be on the same site
- Clarified: “Gravity Decline/Decay” has been simplified to simply “Decline” and is now more thoroughly explained in the Rulership section.
- Adjustment: Added an Orthodoxy option to reduce Peasant Decline.
- Adjustment: Increased the cost for “Standards and Traditions” and “Subsidies and Incentives” from 1 to 5.
- Clarified: What happens if you build and staff more than one Manor in a Reich or try to have 2 Rulers.
- Adjustment: Quartermaster and similar buildings have had their conversion rates substantially adjusted to require less inputs.
- Adjustment: Vinyard is changed to a kind of farm.
- Adjustment: Brewery changed from 100 Veg:10 Casks to 10 Veg: 1 Cask per use Max 10 to make it easier to use.
- Name Change: The Library room of the Church has been renamed Scriptorium to distinguish it from the mage’s Librarium room.
- Adjustment: Requirements to build higher level Mage Tower Librariums changed from requiring copies of the materials to requiring the previous level of Librarium.
- Clarification: The XP reductions in the Academics Skill can’t be reached by temporary bonuses like Hope or Devotion.
- Adjustment: Carpentry 4’s action to make superior building blueprints did not explain how to do so or provide any costs. It can be done using a Downtime Action and can be performed on existing buildings.
- Adjustment: Sincerity 4 – Interrogation has had its wording adjusted to indicate that the interrogation must be used as part of an “interrogation-like” atmosphere, not at one-off intervals during normal conversation.
- Correction: Forestry erroneously listed a Plowshed as a possible upgrade for logging. Draft Horses can be used for Forestry only with the addition of a Horsepower and Work system provided by Engineering.
- Adjustment: Output of secondary materials from gathering (eg Forestry: vegetables) and Village Ally item outputs have been lowered greatly to match the changed conversion rates of associated buildings.
- Adjustment: Arbitrage (Mercantilism 4) has been adjusted to match the new World Prices system
- Clarified: Ward cannot be a PC
- Clarified: Hardy is +1 to Labor or Gathering action effect, not “two” actions that can be spent very differently.
- Clarification: Gave more examples to Egotism Devotions to better indicate that a specific field of influence or power is required.
- Clarified: Pragmatic characters take No Effect from any Ritual effect, including blessed or cursed items.
- Adjustment: The Gutter Trash Perk for Scum characters has been adjusted in light of the removal of Poverty.
- Clarified: Acuity must be equal or higher to cast a spell with no risk, not higher.
- Adjustment: The Infernal Spark’s ability to change Devotions now stipulates that in order to earn a Personal Achievement the Devotion must have stuck for at least one event.
- Adjustment: Ocean’s Might no longer references Poignancy, instead allowing Evocations near large water bodies.
- Large Adjustment: Magicians no longer gain Magician Achievements through magic dissertations. This is now how they claim Scholar Achievements per Scholar Organizations and Invention. Instead, Magicians gaina new ability called Pattern Alignment that allows them to close down active wyrds, which might cause a change in them that make them more powerful, but ultimately, stranger.
- Large Adjustment: The Time Domain can no longer control “Chronos” time, and can only control “Kairos” time. Speeding up and slowing effects are now handled exclusively with the Speed Domain, which has been clarified for this use case.
- Clarified: Pattern Alignment doesn’t remove the Anacrusis, just stops the Wyrd.
Organizations and Agents
- Clarified: the Spy Agent is a Social Attack
- Adjustment: The number of Agents required for higher Rank Organizations has been increased.
- Adjustment: Specialist Commander Military Agents are stationed in the field rather than the city, thus don’t take up city slots, and can be requisitioned from the Organization.
- Clarified: Loadmaster’s use of Military Armor and Military Weapons
- Adjusted: Merchant Agent “Expert” can give its benefit over the Downtime as part of a Research action.
- Clarification: Librarian Agent functionality clarified
General and Downtimes
- Updated the Start Here page with some information on the religious nature of some aspects of play, and some IC options for dealing with OOC discomfort around the topic.
- Adjustment: Vegetable amount required for a player to eat is reduced from 3 to 2.
- Adjustment: Travel distances doubled to 2 Hexes per Travel Speed.
- Large Adjustment: “Poverty” is now gone as a concept as a penalty for not having adequate Food and Housing. Instead, having Food and Housing is what grants the use of a Downtime Action at all, and that information is requested when Downtimes are submitted. It is assumed that characters that don’t submit Downtime Actions spend their time scraping by.
- Adjustment: When Traveling, only a single destination can be engaged with over the Downtime.
- Large Adjustment: The global prices have been updated and the method by which they are calculated has been changed to better reflect a real economy.
- Correction: Paladins who use Dark Powers gain Depravity for doing so, just as pre-patch, though this was left off of the site until now by mistake
- Adjustment: Paladin’s Gift “Inspiration” causes any number of recipients (up from 1) to enter the Devoted state for the scene as it relates to the Paladin’s Devotion, but does not give a new Devotion in full.
- Adjustment: Oath of Merit’s temporary additional Devotion has been clarified to be a Chaos or Order Devotion and grants a Knight Achievement when completed.
- Added Oath of the Vanquisher to 2nd Degree Knight. This Oath allows the Knight to ask for Requisition Points.
- Adjustment: Reduced the penalties to appropriate unit types in Summer and Autumn from -2 to -1, which is more reasonable with the revised unit stats.
- Adjustment: Raid actions cannot be taken against a settlement if there is a hostile army present.
- Adjustment: Warfare battles now create “charnel fields” which can be looted with a Labor action or put to rest with Battlefield Ceremonies (warrior priests). If not dealt with these eventually rise as enemy forces.
- Clarified: Hallowed Rites are those which have a specific Prayer, and you can do them in Aldersabin to treat it as Ceremonial
Items and Equipment
- Adjustment: Library collection and associated rooms removed – this is handled through Librarian Agent
- Adjustment: Currency no longer is social class restricted in the setting.